Dubrovnik city walls protected the freedom and safety of a “civilised” and “sophisticated” republic that flourished in peace and prosperity for five centuries.
Dubrovnik city walls run uninterrupted from 1940 meters (6,360 ft). Maximum height is around 25 meters. Built from 7th – 17th and defined in 14th century. Built with limestone. Well preserved and almost intact due to the extraordinary Dubrovnik (Republic of Ragusa) diplomacy. Open to public daily from 9am – 7pm. Old city of Dubrovnik with Dubrovnik ramparts is on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites.