Big news in the car industry - new venture: Rimac and Bugatti join forces

Big news in the car industry - new venture: Rimac and Bugatti join forces https://www.rimac-automobili.com

July 2021 Rimac Automobili revealed spectacular news from the Lovrijenac fortress in Dubrovnik
Rimac group announced a major achievement in its history: it has combined forces with the iconic automotive brand, Bugatti Automobiles, thus making Bugatti being bought by the Rimac Group. This spectacular news was announced in Dubrovnik, Croatia, by the Croatia's youngest entrepreneur - 33 years old Mate Rimac, owner of one of the world's best electric cars companies. This young designer, innovator and pioneer of electric hypercars, now finds himself leading the new Bugatti-Rimac joint venture, aling with Porsche.
New joint venture has been created to represent a new powerhouse. It is not a surprise that most people have not heard of this Croatian low profile company. But if you are into cars, you will know the Rimac Group is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars, hugely respected for its electric vehicle technology, providing vehicle components and full technology solutions to major global automobile manufacturers.
Only 10 years ago, Rimac Automobili started business as a one-man garage start-up. They had 8 employees only,10 years ago, and now have over 1000 employees and are specialized exclusively in electric performance.
This Croatian brand has proven to be able to keep up with the world's most iconic car brands, and not just that, but has proven to be the innovator setting the technological standards for others as well.
Rimac's prime strength and technology is best demonstrated by the Concept One and Nevera hypercars. Nevera car, with its exceptional speed and power, was born to outperform. Fully designed and engineered in Croatia, like a mighty and sudden storm from which it derives its name, Nevera is a force like no other.
Rimac Automobili have already collaborated and initiated lost of projects with lots of manufacturers,in which he developed electric traction systems, to name just a few: Aston Martin, Ferrari, Jaguar,Porsche, Cupra and many others.
Bugatti has now become a part of the new joint venture between Rimac and Porsche, named "Bugatti Rimac ".
With Rimac holding 55 per cent of the share, and Porsche controlling the other 45 per cent, under this new corporate structure Porsche will effectively take over all Bugatti responsibilities. The company will continue to be based in Sveta Nedelja, a small town outside the capital Zagreb.
"Porsche, Bugatti and Rimac are a perfect match,' Porsche CEO Oliver Blume told just before the official announcement. 'The Croatians are fast movers in terms of battery and software development, low-volume high-end products, prototyping, and forward thinking as far as the zero emission big picture is concerned. Lutz Meschke, Porsche’s vice president and chief financial officer,also arrived at Dubrovnik event, pointing out it was not always easy to go with merging, but both companies will profit so much more, especially Bugatti customers. "Never change,”, he told Rimac, “it’s always fun to work with you.”
"What a ride this was”, Rimac said, probably thinking if someone had told him twelve years ago that this joint venture would happen 12 years after, he would have not believed it.“I have always wanted to do this in Croatia and I have proven that it can be done here. As the old saying goes, everything will be impossible to do until you do it and make it possible" , Rimac concludedhe old saying goes, anything will go impossible until it is done", Rimac concluded.
We wish Rimac Bugatti many prospective years ahead and a very happy electric journey in future!