Environmental sustainability, social policy and human rights
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSAINABILITY, SOCIAL POLICY AND HUMAN RIGHTS
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
Elite Travel want to contribute to a sustainable development that satisfies current needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. We will meet the expectations of our sector, both by providing knowledge that contributes to an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable future and by supporting the development of sustainable regions, cities, infrastructure, transport and industrial processes. We consider this to be essential to our success in growing our business and creating lasting value that meets the expectations of all our stakeholders.
We are committed to:
• Providing a safe and healthful workplace;
• Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
• Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
• Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling;
• Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
• Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
• Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
• Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
• Build sound and safe working environment for our employees,
• Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
• Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices;
• Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and users, educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner;.
• Closely cooperate with destination authorities, enterpises, entities and other organizations to improve destination sustainability standards,
• Avoid destinations with unacceptable sustainability practices,
• Promote social responsibility and fair trade,
• Promote sustainabolity prinicples to third parties,
Elite Travel provides equality of opportunity and treatment for the purposes of eliminating discrimination based on race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, political opinion, nationality, social origin and status, indigenous status, disability, age or other status of individual unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform work.
Elite Travel is committed to developing an organizational culture which implements a policy of support for internationally recognized human rights and seeks to avoid complicity in human rights abuses.
Training & Education
We encourage our employees to fully utilize their potential by offering ample training and education opportunities.
Elite Travel respects our employees’ right to join, form or not to join a labour union without fear of reprisal, intimidation or harassment. Where employees are represented by a legally recognized union, we are committed to establishing a constructive dialogue with their freely chosen representatives. The Company is committed to bargaining in good faith with such representatives.
Health & Safety
We take every reasonable precaution to maintain a safe and healthy working environment in order to avoid the possibility of injuring or putting at risk colleagues and members of the public. We believe that all injuries and occupational illnesses, as well as safety and environmental incidents are preventable, and our goal for all of them is zero.
We provide workers remuneration higher then the industry standard which satisfies their basic needs and those of the members of their family who are directly dependent on them.
We will only do business with vendors who pay employees, as a floor, at least the minimum wage required by local law or the prevailing industry wage - when available, whichever is higher, and who provide all legally mandated benefits. Employees shall be compensated for overtime hours at the rate established by law.
Key human rights-related areas are regularly covered in our human rights policy and we particularly focus on:
• No child labor
• No forced/bonded/compulsory labour
• Freedom of association/collective bargaining
• Health and safety
• Working conditions - including working hours
• Fair wages/compensation
• No harsh or degrading treatment/harassment
• Accessibility for persons with disabilities
• Maternity protection
• Right to strike
• Law compliance
We are committed to comply with effective law and the best social and human rights protection standards and practices.
Elite Travel recognize and respect the importance of indigenous peoples’ culture, heritage and traditional rights and supports the identification, recording, management and protection of indigenous cultural heritage sites.