If you plan to spend your vacation in Croatia, here are some tips that you could use. Croatia is one of Europe's rising tourist stars, the country with crystal clean Adriatic sea, thousand of islands, as well as 8 National Parks, many nature parks, lots of monuments, rich history and excellent food and wine.
- Apart from Dubrovnik, which you must not miss, we also recommend Split, Šibenik, Zadar, Rovinj, Poreč or Pula. Include at least one National Park; Plitvice, Krka, Kornati, Brijuni or Mljet.
- For the summer heat, nothing can replace a cold beer. We can not decide which one we like more, Ožujsko or Karlovačko. Try both of them!
- Croatia’s seafood is truly world class. A bounty of fishy delights are hauled daily from the Adriatic, the cleanest corner of the Mediterranean. Even if you’re timid about bones and shells, no trip to the coast is complete without a seafood feast.
- As we say in Croatia the fish dips three times, in the sea, in the olive oil and in wine! Spiking of wines, look out for the mighty Dingač red and the dry Pošip white, both from Dalmatia. Istria is renowned for its Malvasija (great with seafood).
- Stay in shape. Even though you are on vacation, be active. Croatia offers numerous opportunities for active holidays. From sea activities to climbing or hiking at Paklenica National Park, rafting and canyoning on Cetina river or surfing on the Pelješac Channel.